- 3 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbs baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ozs diced Browning’s Country Ham uncooked * See bottom note
- ½ cup diced Browning’s Cheddar Cheese (Medium, Sharp, or Xtra Sharp)
- ½ cup scallions (sliced)
- Wax paper and cake pan
- Cut two pieces of wax paper to line the bottom and cover the top of the cake pan.
- Insert the first piece into the cake pan and reserve second one until step 5.
- Cook the diced Browning’s Country Ham for 3-4 mintues over medium heat and remove.
- Sift flour,sugar, salt and baking powder together in mixing bowl.
- Make well in the center of the flour mixture; add Browning’s Country Ham, dice Cheddar Cheese, and sliced scallions.
- Add cream to flour mixture and stir by hand or place in mixing stand mixer until batter is evenly moistened.
- Place dough in lined cake pan and press into an even layer using the second piece of wax paper. Leave wax paper on the covering the dough and place in freezer over night to become firm.
- Thaw dough 5 minutes at room temperature and remove it from the cake pan and place on cutting board.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray baking sheet. Cut the dough into 10 equal size wedges and plane the on the baking sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake scones until the are golden brown, 35-40 minutes depending on your oven.
- Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before serving or freeze them for up to four weeks.
* To make deicing the Country Ham easier, freeze it for 5 minutes.